Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fancy Fridays

Aloha

Another week gone and its Groundhog day. Monday. Yep. However, the Sun is shining which makes me want to skip singing ‘Tra, la,la,laaaa’ down the street so I am finding it hard to be mad at Monday today.
My weekend was non-eventful which is to be expected when you live on Rue de La Broke. Although, a lovely BBQ with friends on Friday night...where my Boyfriend burned one of my shoes in the fire. Yes, he burnt my shoe until it turned to ash. Farewell shoe! 
I also spent some time with my family on the Sunday catching up as my Mum and sis embark on a trip to Hawaii today but I also caught up on 3 weeks worth of Woman’s day.

Anywho, Something I would like to blog about today is THEMES. Yay, Themes. Particularly on Fridays and it is what i have dubbed ‘Fancy Fridays’. This is a little adventure I started back at my previous workplace JAG  & Diana Ferrari  (DF did the Fancy Friday 'Red' this week so hoping to score some pics) with a bunch of lovely people. I would send an email Wednesday with the theme and then inspirations for the theme and easy ways to dress up in the said theme.
One of my favourites has to be ‘The Royal Wedding’ (Pic below). I sent out an ‘invitation’ to the Royal wedding and we all got dressed up in ensembles fit for a Royal wedding. I choose to be a flower girl, because I am short and I’m sure I could pull off being a flower girl for the day.
Other themes we had were simple (‘stripes’, the colour ‘Pink’) and others a little more challenging (‘Elizabeth Taylor’ and ‘Lady Gaga’). It was all for fun, not competitive what so ever and a great way to talk to people in your office you might not have had a conversation with before!


However, even though I am in a new workplace, I still wear a theme or two and have managed to get some of my new colleagues into it...So far there has been Harry Potter Fancy Friday and another Lady Gaga Fancy Friday (because well, I just can’t get enough of her!).
This Friday just passed was no exception and I stole a fabulous idea from a Friend of a Friend Nat and their team at Just Group who has also started Friday themes with their team and they choose Geek (They have also done 'Nautical', which i adored!). I loved it so much, i just had to do it...below are the team looking absolutely like a Geekilicious Gang of Geek if I ever did see!:


Now me...I used the Steve Urkel for inspiration but I did not have pants high enough so these had to do. I do look like a boy and someone actually yelled at me on the street and used some un-savoury language which i have replaced with ‘fruiting’...  “Why don’t you dress fruiting normal” and some exasperated sounds followed. The joys of the closed minded.

So hopefully I will be posting a new theme for Fancy Friday every week and would love to see any pics of those who fancy it up or those who have their own themes. Share the Theme love!!
**Spoiler alert**  Halloween is in 2 weeks and yes, this will be a theme naturally!!

Enjoy what is left of the Monday and ensure you bring some theme love to your life!

Aloha
L.K.
Reow x

No comments:

Post a Comment